Monday, February 11, 2013

For The Love of a Bite of Porchetta Sandwich




I have to admit that I have a huge crush on Anthony Bourdain. I have to say in my eyes, he's the sexiest man alive. But his sexiness has nothing to do with sexual things, although I will have to say that this celebrity chef is sexy. His sexiness for me is more related to his passion on food. I've seen a lot of celebrity chefs on various TV program and I haven't seen someone as passionate as him. Anthony is like a chameleon, he's practically blended with his surrounding perfectly. In one of episode, he traveled to Indonesia and went to one of the crowded area in Jakarta. I'm Indonesian and Ive lived in Jakarta for more than 10 years, and I will not step my foot on that area, nevertheless eat the food there. But Anthony did the unthinkable for me, he eat the food there surrounded by the local kids who are following him around (it's rare to see a caucasian man in that area). It was a beautiful picture and I'm intrigue to know whether he experience major stomachache after consume those food or not.

For me a food traveler should be like Anthony Bourdain, who are willing to try a local delicacies no matter how odd it looks like or no matter how strange the ingredients is. He enjoyed eat those strange and yet delicious food and I always drawling in front of TV watching him eat. Seriously..

And at on of the episode he went to Seattle. Yeayyy...he went to my city and he went to Salumi. My sister lived in Seattle for so many years but she never heard about this place. I'm a meat lover, so when I saw that episode, I literary stuck in front of TV and I swear I almost can feel the salami in my mouth. Hahahahaha.

Well..I'm obsessed with this little store in downtown Seattle and at I was in the neighborhood and I decided to try the food here. It's a warm store where you can see lot of cured meats and for those who loved cured meats, well..Salumi is your heaven. I'm not lying. This place served one of the best cured meats I've ever tasted.

But what I personally loved about this place is the sandwich. I'm deeply in love with their Porchetta Sandwich. This is the perfect choice for a meat and spices lover like me. It's strong and super duper delicious. As I wrote this I started imagining the hot and the juicy pork meats and the meatballs. Oh.. yeahh..I'm having a foodgasm.





I feel like a kid in a toy store every time I went to this place, they have a yummy gnocchi on Tuesday and they have gorgonzola cheese. Well...here goes my salary. And Salumi is the place I missed when I'm away from Seattle. I missed the excellent food and the warm feeling every time I entered this store and the people there are very warm and nice and helpful. So if you are a first timer, no need to worry, they will guide you to choose the menu that suitable for your taste.






No comments: